Welcome to a Joyful New School Year!

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Hello Joyful Speechies!

The new school year is just one week away! I'm back in my office after a whole summer away.

My name is Lacey and Joy is my middle name (no really, it is!). I try to bring joy into everything I do, so I decided to name my blog, "Joyful Speech and Language."

This last school year I kept thinking of how nice it would be to start a blog. But as most of you probably know, the school year gets pretty crazy and so my summer vacation was used to set everything up online. And boom! Here we are together!

A little bit more about me- I graduated from University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire with my bachelors and masters in Communication Sciences and Disorders. I am now an American Speech and Hearing Association (ASHA) certified Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) who is working in the K-8 school setting. The majority of students at my school are English Language Learners (ELL) with Hmong as their first language. That means I frequent ASHA's Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CLD) sections on their site and am interested in all things associated with the topic.

I look forward to writing about what's happening around my office and around the SLP field. Please follow me in various social media settings using the links in the upper right corner of my blog homepage. That way you can be updated as I get into more of a groove on all platforms.

Thank you SO much for visiting me today! :)

Joyfully,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
/Users/laceymancl/Desktop/Lacey