SLP Data Collection (+TpT Freebie: SLP Therapy Data Sheets)

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Hello Joyful Speechies!

It's the first week with students at my school! Welcome back!

It's time to ask ourselves, "how should I try taking data this year?" We need data to track progress and provide in our MA billing notes. Last year I feel like I tried everything from taking data on my computer to handwriting notes. Each type had it's pros and cons.

Xcel Spreadsheet on Computer
Pros
Copy and paste into MA billing notes.
Fast.
More information.

Cons
Not as portable (my computer has a very short charge unless connected to power source)
It's my personal belief that it's socially inappropriate (and somewhat awkward) to keep a computer open for a session while you're with a student. I know that's not how everyone views it, so no worries if this is your preference.

Handwritten Notes
Pros:
Portable.
Charts are easier to draw out.
Less noticeable by student.

Cons:
Time consuming- not only the time it takes to write them, but then going back to to re-type them in for MA billing is MORE time.

Clearly there is not perfect solution to these issues. My plan this year is to utilize data sheets that have the students' goals and objectives at the top. If you're interested in what I'll be using, check my TpT store for your free Data Sheets for Speech and Language Therapy download:



I hope you enjoy! Let's have a happy paperwork year! :)

Joyfully,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
/Users/laceymancl/Desktop/Lacey